Wednesday, May 2, 2018

'Regular' Update

I must confess, I've been slacking a bit recently... I didn't even write anything last week! On a totally unrelated note, Ni No Kuni II: Revenant Kingdom is a bloody fantastic game. If you're intrigued by the idea of a modern JRPG with exciting combat & a whole kingdom management side to it, I'd definitely recommend checking it out. I didn't even play the first game in the series, and can attest that it's not an issue. (Warning, it's dangerously addictive though...)

---

In productivity-land, more work has been done on making the game more of a... game.
The 'camera' system's been refactored & reworked so that I can pan it around as the player reaches the edges of the screen... well, that would've been the smart thing to do, but really I'm just shifting the entire world relative to the player to make it look like the 'camera' moved. Yeah. Hey, it all looks the same in the end ;)
There's a whole lot of little things too- a bit more of a start to the levels, more buildings & random endless generation, a score, and other text:


Definitely need to sit down for some solid planning time now, there's a few different routes I could go at this point. It's probably about time to get some proper art done too, to start shifting the style towards what I'm aiming for... we'll see if that goes anywhere soon :P

- Liggledy the Higgledy

No comments:

Post a Comment