Tuesday, April 17, 2018

Week One: Parallax

Obstacles & death make their debut on the stage, bringing this from a basics physics test to (a little bit) more of an actual game.

Again, placeholder textures etc. etc. I hard-coded some multiple-convex-polygon collision boxes for each different building, so that the collisions were actually correct- really need to think of a smarter way to do that... maybe edge detection is the answer...



I've been experimenting with physics a lot recently- fixing 'bugs' (making it more realistic), tweaking the weight, wind resistance, gravity, terminal velocity calculations... it's quite fun, actually! Not that the quality of this .gif gives it any justice, but the fact that I can sit down & be amused by it for any period of time is a good sign.

I've also been feeling like I'm not making as much progress as I'd like (I wanted to have this week's summary at least out by Monday...)- which is a good thing, it's definitely helping me concentrate a bit harder!

No comments:

Post a Comment