Monday, April 9, 2018

Week Zero

So, I've officially been unemployed for one week now. Self-employed? I don't even know how to explain myself yet. Any rate, I do feel like I've caught up on years of sleep, and my creative juices are flowing like they haven't in years!

It's mostly been a week of re-developing my routine, exercise & other habits (Youtube, Minecraft, Youtube videos of Minecraft...) in a way that should help me to be far more productive with my own time than I ever was with my University summer breaks- but it hasn't been all fun and games! Well, I guess it kinda has actually, because I've literally been working on a game. I did have to re-learn basic trigonometry though, it's been about a decade since I've last had to use those brain cells.
(I've also been working on a custom Minecraft modpack I plan to release eventually, as something that I've just kinda wanted to do for awhile- so that's taking some of my time, too... I've been productive, mum, promise!)

---

So it's really not much to show off yet, but the start is often the hardest part for me- and settling on a toolkit, planning everything out on paper & coming up with a general code structure has really set the wheels in motion. So far, all I've got is this simple physics test (disclaimer, graphics are just temporary placeholders):


And, without bounding boxes (.gifs sure don't perform well with thin lines, huh):


Hopefully I'll have a few more mechanics & maybe even a proper backdrop by next week :)

- Ligands

2 comments:

  1. Looks really cool! So I guess the game will have various objects with their own aerodynamic properties? Like paper planes, leaves, plastic bags etc? Could be an interesting way of increasing difficulty.

    ReplyDelete