Tuesday, July 3, 2018

Come sway away

Took a bit of a break from artwork (& tending to my ancient fruit fields in stardew valley... ^_^'), and decided to do some nice, wholesome maths instead.

The 'ambient' floaters have now got a bit of sway to their style, with a bit of a parabolic motion offsetting their original position, a sprinkling of acceleration & deceleration, and just a pinch of rotation. The end result is pretty close to what I was aiming for, though I feel like it needs a bit of tweaking still- but there's always time for that later!
It equates to a little something like this, though the .gif format really doesn't do this any justice at all:

It's busier than it would normally be, for the purpose of demonstration. These sort of details will hopefully add a bit of activity to the otherwise cold & empty background, without being too distracting or looking out of place- might need to mess with transparencies to achieve that, though.

The hardest part of working on a project without someone else managing you is, after completing a feature, trying to figure out what comes next! Of course I've got an overall idea of how I want the end product to look, but figuring out all the little steps to get from point A to Z can be pretty tricky. For that purpose, I've set up a simple little Trello board to help me keep track of what I'm in the middle of working on, and ideas I'd like to flesh out in future. Considering getting an actual physical agile board, too- it's harder to get sidetracked if your project's always in view!
Let me know in the comments below if you have any tips or suggestions on the matter of self-management :)

- Lig

No comments:

Post a Comment