Tuesday, March 6, 2018

Test Post Please Ignore

Hello world!

I'm Ligands, and this is my first (real) attempt at blogging.

I'm no writer, so forgive me in advance if this blog reads like a young child's diary. I'm mostly doing this for public exposure, because there's nothing more encouraging to not be lazy than social pressure!

Currently, I'm a professional software engineer. One month from now however, I'll be taking a break from the world of enterprise software, and spending my time & money on my personal passion- game development. I have a general plan, a fallback plan, the support of friends & well, ...some family, thousands of terrible ideas (and hopefully a few good ones), the desire to implement these ideas, as well as the savings to make it a reality... yet I'm quite nervous about turning this page in my life!

Very few independent game developers make it far enough to become successful; and it's a lot of hard work to reach that stage. Even still, I feel like this is a step that I need to take, if nothing else, for my own sanity- spending >4 years as a Support Engineer will simply do your head in. (Supporting unsupportable legacy software... cleaning up the stupid mistakes of other developers who are more senior & better paid than yourself... providing 24/7 support for completely undocumented applications, originally written by the cheapest possible outsourced developers, while faking it to clients that you're the expert in things you've never even touched before...)


Even if nobody reads this, I hope that it helps give me the motivation to attempt to chase my ambitions to make a game or two that I can be proud of, and that will bring joy to other people, of all ages, around the world.

No comments:

Post a Comment